Our Specialized Services
Skilled nursing services are provided in accordance with the plan of care and are case managed by licensed Registered Nurses who may also be the visiting nurse assigned.
Skilled nursing services include:
- Wound care
- Ostomy care
- Oncology care
- Diabetic care, management and patient education
- Medication administration
- Post-surgical care
- Cardiac care and patient education
Whether the patients problem is a result of injury or disease, the role of a physical therapist is to help him or her to restore maximal ability. Physical therapists are key to recovery for some patients who are recuperating from injuries, illnesses, and surgery. Our physical therapists also work with individuals to prevent loss of mobility by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
Physical therapy services include:
- Evaluation of Condition, Potential for Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Exercises – Improve ROM
- Bed Mobility
- Transfer Training
- Muscle Re-Education
- Establish / Upgrade Home Exercise Program
- Gait Training
- Pulmonary Physiotherapy
- Prostatic Training
- Temporary Device
- Heat / Cold Treatment Modalities
- Soft Tissue Mobilization / Joint Mobilization
- Strengthening / Stability / Balance
After hospitalization or a recent surgery, our Occupational Therapists can help you regain your self-care skills right where you live, including fitting for prosthetics and training in the use of mobility assistive devices, fall prevention, customized exercise programs, balance training and motor skills rehabilitation.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Upper Extremity Therapy
- Independent Living / ADL Training
- Muscle Re-Education
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Orthotics / Splinting
- Adaptive Equipment
Our Speech Therapy program can help with feeding and swallowing difficulties, dysphagia, mild to severe autism, cleft palate, traumatic brain injury, dyslexia, stammering and stuttering, stroke impairments, Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Speech Language Therapists help patients develop their language and speech skills to regain control and increase their communication.
Speech therapy may help individuals who suffer from:
- Stroke impairments
- A heart attack
- Difficulty swallowing or speaking
- Mild to severe autism
- Traumatic brain injury
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
We are committed to providing a higher standard of care, and this includes our personal care services. Our fully-screened and certified personal care attendants are available to assist you with everyday tasks, such as eating, bathing, or light housework. We’re unique in that we only hire caregivers who exemplify compassion and empathy, and then match them with you based on personality and lifestyle, so you get a caregiver that’s right for you.
Personal care services include:
- Assistance with walking and mobility
- Dressing and grooming
- Bathing and Toileting
- Medication reminders
- Expertise with memory loss, confusion, forgetfulness
- Post-hospitalization care
- Meal planning and preparation
- Personal safety home evaluation
- Oral and personal hygiene management
- Status reporting to family
The purpose of companionship care is to offer company and friendship. Companions may help with certain household chores, such as laying out towels before a shower, but their primary purpose is to spend time with the patient. Grown children may want to hire companions to keep an eye on their aging parents, for example.
Companionship care services include:
- Adult and elderly home companion visits
- Assistance with writing letters and correspondence
- Games, crafts, and friendly conversation
- Assistance with organization
- Respite and family relief
- Sitter services
Our home health medical social workers assist patients and family members with a myriad of issues including cultural, medical, social, financial, and psychological needs. They are an invaluable support for patients as they begin home health services and provide them with various options and resources that reduce the difficulties inherent in adjusting to all kinds of temporary medical conditions. Medical social workers are trained to provide emotional support and comfort for individuals enduring anxiety and stress precipitated by hospitalization, injury, or illness.
Our live-in caregivers are present in their client’s home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide personal care and other necessary services.
Live-in services include:
- Cooking, grocery shopping and errands
- Laundry, change of bed linens and light housekeeping
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments
- Assisting with walking and transfers from the bed to their wheelchair
- Medication reminders
Respite services are non-medical care. These services can range from a few hours a week to a week or more at one time. The amount of time required will depend on the family’s needs.
Benefits of respite services include:
- The family can enjoy regular daily activities
- Reduces the amount of isolation family members feel
- Family members receive much needed rest
- Learn life skills
- Learn coping skills
- Family members remain stable during a crisis
- Preserving the family unit
Alzheimer’s and dementia patients experience memory loss, confusion, difficulty moving and changes in behavior or personality. Our caregivers ensure our clients receive the assistance he or she needs to live a better quality of life.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia care includes:
- Support existing cognitive ability with mental stimulation and social interaction
- Promote optimal health with meal preparation
- Assistance with hygiene such as bathing, dressing and grooming
- Transportation for errands, shopping and doctor’s appointments
- Help with household chores like cleaning, laundry and dishes
- Reminders for medications and appointments
- Full time monitoring for maximum safety and comfort
If services include use of the client’s personal funds:
The Agency will obtain an authorization from the client/responsible party, for access to personal funds when grocery or other shopping services are to be provided and when those services include assistance with bill paying or any activities, such as shopping, that involve access to or use of client funds.
Your needs are important to us
Medbirds Inc. offers individual / client centered care that enables you to maintain a quality lifestyle, we offer services for individuals who needs assistance with:
Medbirds Inc. provides patients with:
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Memory Care (for individual with Dementia and Alzheimer’s)
- Respite Care
- Orthopedic Recovery Care
- Post-Surgery Recovery Care
- And much more…
Flexible Scheduling (weekdays, weekends, holidays, etc.) Schedule a caregiver for as little as 2 consecutive hours, up to full-time support services 24 hours a day!
Our goal is to allow our clients to stay in their homes and age in place in an environment where they are accustomed to being surrounded by their belongings and memories.
We will work with you to create a customized plan of care, and manage it every step of the way. Our experienced team of care management specialists, RNs, and friendly companions who can provide transportation if needed are there to ensure the highest quality of care is consistently provided.
Peace of Mind for Our Clients and Their Families
When routine tasks become too much to handle alone, Medbirds Inc. offers hourly services to assist our clients with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, cooking, cleaning, medication reminders, errands and much more. By helping with daily activities, our hourly home caregivers enable clients to maintain their normal routines and independence, while staying in the comfort of their home.
Our professional caregivers are dedicated to the overall wellbeing of their clients. We are on call to serve you 24/7, so help is available immediately. There is no long-term commitment with hourly home care from Medbirds Inc.. Use our services for as long as you need them
Each caregiver is experienced in caring for seniors and undergoes a thorough background check to ensure the safety of our clients. To maintain professionalism our live-in caregivers are only allowed at the client’s home during assigned hours and must have their own separate residence. They are strictly forbidden from using their client’s property for personal use.
We make it our everday goal to make sure that each client, not only benefits, but also feels a little more joy and peace by the service we bring along with our “whatever the client needs” attitude. We plan on setting our service apart from other agencies, by simply striving to always input and insert graceful and comforting treatment.